What is the Cochrane Consumer Network?
Cochrane uses the term consumers to describe patients, carers and the public with an interest in, and often first-hand experience of, health conditions.
The Cochrane Consumer Network is a large and growing community of over 2,000 people in 106 countries across the world. The Cochrane Consumer Network is open to any patients, carers, family members and others who are interested in high-quality health evidence, and in helping to be a part of producing and sharing evidence.
Why join the Cochrane Consumer Network?
The Cochrane Consumer Network is free to join. The benefits of being part of this community include:
- Exclusive mailings keeping you up to date with reliable health evidence, and other relevant issues, from Cochrane and beyond
- Opportunities to help produce Cochrane evidence
- Access to training and learning
- Cheaper rates for attendance at a range of Cochrane events
- Stipends to attend local and international Cochrane meetings
- Eligibility to vote in, and stand for, elections to the Cochrane Consumer Network Executive
How can I join the Cochrane Consumer Network?
Please complete this short form to join the Cochrane Consumer Network. To complete the form you will need to log in or create a Cochrane Account. We will contact you with a welcome pack and put you in touch with Review Groups or Centres, depending on how you wish to contribute. We will also contact you with regular information and newsletters.
Cochrane consumers and Cochrane Membership
Patients, carers and family members who contribute to Cochrane’s work, are rewarded by becoming Cochrane Members. Cochrane Membership recognises the valuable contribution made by consumers in helping to raise awareness of Cochrane evidence.
How can I find out more?
Download these further resources