Thank you for your interest in the Cochrane Consumer Network. There are many ways to be involved, from helping to prioritise important reviews, identifying outcomes that are important to patients, helping as part of the review team, checking that abstracts and plain language summaries can be understood by patients and carers and helping to spread the word about evidence based medicine and new research.
Members of the network enjoy a wide range of benefits from free membership, including:
• Opportunities to help produce Cochrane evidence in a range of ways
• Cheaper rates for attendance at a range of Cochrane events
• Stipends to attend local Cochrane meetings and its annual meeting (Colloquium)
• The ability to stand, and vote in elections, for membership of the Cochrane Consumer Network Executive
• Monthly news bulletins and quarterly newsletters that keep you up to date about issues inside and outside Cochrane
• Training and learning opportunities (with new ones coming soon)
• News of new ways of being involved (for example Task Exchange, Cochrane Crowd.
Please email us if you have any questions and we will do our best to help you. Our address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete this short form if you are ready to get involved. Once it is submitted you will be contacted again with a welcome pack and put in touch with Review Groups or Centres depending on how you wish to contribute. We will contact you after that with regular information, newsletters and invitations to take part.
Thank you again for your interest.
Cochrane Consumer Co-ordinator